If you have questions or comments on the way Glottopedia works, please raise them on our forum.
Glottopedia mostly follows Wikipedia's policies, e.g. in the following ways:
- Glottopedia works by building consensus.
- Respect other contributors.
- Don't infringe copyrights.
- Avoid bias. Articles should be written from a neutral point of view. Thus, terms should not simply be called good or bad, but their advantages and disadvantages can be mentioned.
In addition, Glottopedia adopts the following policies that deviate from Wikipedia's:
- All users need to be registered and need to give their real name. In this regard, Glottopedia's policies are like Citizendium's.
- Since Glottopedia is an encyclopedia for linguists by linguists, contributors need to be academic linguists in the sense that they must have spent some time at an academic institution studying linguistics.
Glottopedia has two Editors-in-Chief, Jan Wohlgemuth and Sven Naumann. These are responsible for setting up the project and formulating the basic policies and guidelines. In the initial phase, they will also appoint administrators. If you would like to become an administrator, please contact the Editors-in-Chief. At a later stage, more democratic procedures will be instituted.
As in Wikipedia, only administrators have the right to delete articles.
|All articles||New Articles||Recent Changes||Forum|
|Deletion candidates||Dead-end articles||Reference citation rules||Sandbox|
|List of stubs||Wish list||List of Issues to be resolved|
Things to do
- Write new articles! Here are lists of requested articles, most linked to empty pages and all wanted pages.
- Expand stubs (see Category:Stubs for a list of stubs).
- Check the Category:Work needed for articles that need revision of any kind.
- Translate articles! For instance, the project articles in the category Category:TranslateGerman need to be translated into German and those in the category Category:Translate need to be translated into English. Feel free to create new translation categories (and translations) in any other language.
- Classify and categorize articles
- Help building a (multilingual) documentation in the Help section
- Help creating standards, templates and styles for article categories, e.g. language articles, biographic entries, etc.
- Help creating informational graphics
- Import worthwhile content from wikipedia and wp commons
- Recruit writers in languages other than English
- Get an instructor account so that you can create user accounts yourself (if you are teaching linguistics)
Sysop To Do List
- Create and upload a favicon based on our logo
- Change URL style in the settings/config so that the index.php?title= bit is removed
- get an SSL certificate and implement https
- Create a valid PTR record for the domain glottopedia.org to prevent blacklisting/greylisting by spam filters