Jump to navigation Jump to search
A state is a type of situation (or state of affairs). States are non-dynamic, i.e. they are not associated with change in the in (physical, temporal etc.) conditions.
- verbs of emotion/cognition/attitude: love, like, worry, fear, know, think, believe, hope
- verbs of perception: see, hear, feel
- verbs of existence: be, live, exist
- verbs of location: sit, stand, lie, rest
- verbs of relation: contain, include, consist of
- He lives in New York
- He knows the answer.